On Thursday, August 6, 2020, members of the Security Division of Local 3, IBEW employed by Stanley Black & Decker Inc. in New York and New Jersey ratified a new 3-year agreement. After a month of negotiations via video conferencing due to the pandemic, the recently completed negotiations with Stanley were challenging and complex. Due to the hard work and commitment of the Negotiating Committee, we were able to negotiate a contract that was fair during these times thanks to the highly skilled and dedicated workforce.
Thanks to our Committee for their determination in working through some very difficult and challenging situations due to the pandemic. Twenty years from now in 2040, people will say, “Look what they went through to negotiate, read and vote on a contract.”
- 3 year agreement
- Wage increases totaling 5% into members hourly wage over contract term and a lump sum payment of $1,000 in the first year
- Improvements on call techs with 30 years of service is optional for on call
- Company to provide credit monitoring for technicians when required to do certain background checks
- Travel time is now time instead of mileage
- Lowers the medical cap from 12% to 5% on employee’s contribution for medical in 2021