These are extremely difficult times for us all. Please know that Dr. John Krachenfels at JIB is available by telephone to offer a supportive ear to listen and to offer guidance on handling stress and anxiety. He also has information on crisis hotlines and online support groups. Dr. Krachenfels remains available as always to also help with problems with substance abuse.
He can be reached between the hours of 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM at: 718-591-2000, ext. 1396.
John Krachenfels, Ph.D., LCSW-R, CASAC II
Director, JIB Substance Abuse Services
158-11 Harry Van Arsdale Jr. Avenue
Flushing, NY 11365
Ph: 718-591-2000 ext. 1396
These are some other hotlines that can offer help:
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- New York City Mental Health Hotline: 1-888-NYC-Well
- Samaritans 24-Hour Crisis Hotline for those in distress or at risk of suicide: (212) 673-3000
- Veterans Crisis Hotline: Call, text or chat online at www.veteranscrisisline.net; 1-800-273-8255; For the deaf or hard of hearing: 1-800-799-4889