The COVID-19 pandemic changed the dynamic of our way of life, but it is important to maintain the spirit of resilience and fortitude. In that spirit, the Educational and Cultural Trust Fund has been pressing forward and continuing to conduct classes. The classes currently available for eligible members are:
- Confined Space (initial and refresher classes). The classes are taught via the Zoom virtual platform.
- Project Management (basic, advanced and exam prep). These classes are taught via the WebEx virtual platform.
- Fire Alarm, which is taught via Zoom virtual platform.
- G-Pro, which is taught via Zoom virtual platform.
- Pre-Retirement, which is taught via Zoom virtual platform.
- MTA Track Certification is being held in person at the MTA Learning Center in Brooklyn, New York.
- Diversity (initial class). The classes are taught via Cornell University’s virtual platform.
- Diversity (refresher class) is being offered to Foremen, Subforemen, and General Foremen who previously took Diversity initial training. The classes are taught via Cornell University’s virtual platform.
- Welding in-person classes at the Electrical Industry Training Center (LIC).
- Asbestos in-person classes at the Electric Industry Center (Flushing).
If you would like to register for any of these classes, please contact the Educational and Cultural Trust Fund at (718) 591-2000, ext. 1500.